Saturday, November 13, 2010

Android ListActivity Problem

I met these error messages last night and found the cause was I did not read document thorough. :)

11-12 14:33:19.976: WARN/ActivityManager(73): Launch timeout has expired, giving up wake lock!
11-12 14:33:20.164: WARN/ActivityManager(73): Activity idle timeout for HistoryRecord{44f542b8 com.demo.wally/.listview}

ListActivity is another kind of Activity that has a built-in ListView. I called the method: setContentView, under a ListActivity context, so I was destined for this problem.

In this ListActivity, a fullscreen ListView is used. To customize my own screen, I need to either take advantage of possible ListView options or create another view with ListView in it and use a normal Activity to create data adapters, and so on.

No comments: